Sunday 6 July 2008

Punk Song for Dmitriy

So last night after my show, Dmitriy and his girl and buds stuck around and helped me take my equipment to my car. We went over to Nate's place where I continued to play guitar (In Dreams from the UGH (self-titled) album came out, sigh!). We ordered pizza (Dmitriy thought he was getting Hungry Howie's but accidentally called Five Star instead, HAHA) I tried to throw money in but he said I could help myself if I'd write a song for him.

So here it is! I wrote it this morning during Sunday School! Hey, God knows I was paying attention to the lesson too! Let me tell you, this song ROCKS - I'm soooooooo playing it at Satchel's. :)



Dmitriy!
Dmitriy!
Dmitriy!
Dmitriy!

He's the coolest kid around
I'm so glad he stayed in town
He's gotta be my favorite clown.
He was there when it allllll went down.

Dmitiry!
Dmitiry!
Dmitriy!
Dmitriy!

He helped carry stuff to my car
He cheered for me like I'm a star
Three car bombs and then Five-Star!
Dmitriy is a Russian tsar!

Now he's got a foxy girl
Coolest chick in the frickin' world
They see fun and give it a whirl
Dmitriy and his foxy girl

Dmitriy!
Dmitriy!
Dmitriy!
Dmitriy!

He goes to jail
In underwear
He jumps off the roof
He doesn't care

He's about hooliganism
But he don't do no communism
This kid rocks neoclassicism
And now for the apocalypticism:

I LOVE THE SMELL OF NAPALM IN THE MORNING!!!!!!!!!

Dmitriy!
Dmitriy!
Dmitriy!
Dmitriy!
Dmitriy!
Dmitriy!
Dmitriy!
Dmitriy!!!


Lyrics and Music by Haylee Brooke Slaughter
c2008 Haylee Slaughter Music
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

No comments: