Sunday 21 February 2010

I Can Let Go Now

by Michael McDonald. Sung by Alison Krauss from her So Long, So Wrong album. Have listened to it over and over for days. That, coupled with JM's In Your Atmosphere, got me to thinking about those feelings I'd had before. I tell you what, for a songwriter, memories of heartaches past can be the gifts that keep on giving. "I'll Never Fall That Far Again" was written yesterday thanks to playing that song over and over again, remembering that I'll never feel that deeply again, that it's over and done with, that I can be objective about it now.

Anyway, that's not even the point. I have something to say. It must be prefaced. This is a new and unique situation, and that's what's great about experiences to write from - don't want the same old form of rejection over and over. Gimme some different brands of loneliness! The loneliness of mutual admiration that goes unspoken. Haha, I wrote a song called "I'll Just Smile" about this one tragic kid (with a beautiful soul) I dig but have decided to absolutely not adjust the thermostat and never share my feelings although they're fairly obvious. But it seems to fit more for this other kid I really dig recently, but I want him to know. Whatever, the point is, I want to feel everything. I want to know what it's all like - and as of late, genuine, pure feelings have been dominating my emotional landscape. And that is good, because it is new and different. I just want to tell him how I feel, and preface it with "I don't want to be anyone's girlfriend, and I know you don't want to be anyone's boyfriend, but I am so stinking fond of you."

No comments: