Saturday 14 January 2012

October Morning

The clouds are a ceiling this morning,
Just enough light coming through.
Am I letting it shine through me?

Under the overpass I see signs of life,
Probably not one you or I would want.
Am I just putting this thought away?

Each life that rides past me in its own vessel,
Some of them better or worse than others.
Am I judging a book by its cover?

People get so angry, sometimes so do I
At a person they will never meet.
I just cruise along in my seat,
Am I helping them get through their day?

Power lines connect us all
And give birds a place to sit before they
Launch a swirling formation.
Am I appreciating this beautiful performance?

So if we're all heading somewhere,
Different paths and destinations all,
Am I still going in the right direction?

No comments: