Monday 7 April 2008

Baseball

It's April, so that means baseball season has begun! I had the greatest of Sunday afternoons yesterday, because it involved a nap on my couch with baseball going on the TV. Aaahhhhhhh. :)

Baseball is unlike any other sport because...

It's not a bench, it's a dugout
He's not the coach, he's the manager (or skipper)
It's not overtime, it's extra innings
It's not out-of-bounds, it's foul territory
He's not a referee, he's an umpire

Failure is an accepted part of the game - no other sport would consider 30% successful!
Every pitch holds the possibility that something could happen that no one has ever seen before.
Pitching well is way cooler than hitting well.
Greg Maddux is my favorite player - I'm soooo going to Cooperstown for his Hall of Fame induction ceremony. I miss his glasses.
BASEBALL IS NOT BORING! If you think so, you just don't get it.

No comments: