Saturday 6 September 2008

Philadelphia

Here for the first time. Just got back from dinner at Bookbinder's (very fancy place in "Social Circle"...yeah). It was quite good, had the blackened swordfish. It had better'a been good, my friend Mark was 1.5 hours late! :) It's all good, I've known that kid since I was 15! He's an ER doc at Albert Einstein hospital up here now. His girlfriend (a trauma surgeon) Susan is pretty cool too. Caught up on old times. As luck would have it, my phone ran out of power just as I was passing the sports complex! I could've gotten a shot of where the Phillies and Eagles play! Oh welllss.

So it's late. All the other girls in the room are asleep (two Jenns and a Venessa) - I'm that kid who can't sleep for nerves. Touch-judging tomorrow at Pumpkinfest. IN THE RAIN! Woo hoo Hanna!

I dunno. I took 27 pages of notes about referee-ing today. This stuff is pretty hardcore. It's not even about right and wrong; continuity is paramount. Kinda like life. You can dwell on this great thing you're doing or how wrong someone did you, but are you still moving forward?

That is the question of the day. I want to always be moving forward (north and south!) and provide support for my teammates. What else is there?

No comments: