Saturday 22 August 2009

Pink Plaid


Maybe someday,
Somewhere,
He and I'll have on the same pair
of underwear.

Just cause he said he had them,
I should've gotten rid
of them when things
got bad
After what I did.

Pink Plaid.


As I wear them now,
All that comes to mind is
How pure he was that night,
How infatuation makes one blind,

How I was so 
endearing
To this floating
child.
I couldn't believe what I was
hearing,
So gentle from such 
wild.


Pink Plaid.


I burned the rest,
Whatever bore his name,
To lessen the obsession,
But these boxers do remain:

Banana Republic, sized Small -
He wasn't all that tall.
Bless his heart,
Bless his heart.


Pink Plaid.


For a change,
I could wear them
In the company of a man,
To give them new meaning,

But that's a
fundamentally flawed plan,
And to the
Unbeknownst new one
demeaning.

These boxers are mine,
Dadgummit.
Who
they bring to mind
doesn't matter.


Oh, my heart did plummet,
but from the ashe of hurt
I arose.
Those ashes I did scatter, 
But still there's 
proof 
hidden under my skirt.
No one knows
the bond
We had.


Pink Plaid.

No comments: