Wednesday 18 November 2009

"About Me"

Wrote this for my facebook profile but it seems too lame to actually have it on my profile, so why not here? I can be as lame as I want on my blog that no one reads!!!

This came to me because I'm 80% finished with my anthem, "Blank-Hearted". I'm trying to stick to my guns with the concept, but my doctor said it isn't realistic. Whatever. The song will be the song, but this is the truth:

My heart isn't blank, but it isn't broken either.
I've never seen true love, but I am a believer.
If that's the way I am, then that's the way I will be.
I surrender to the war that's been raging in me.
What I seek is unattainable and defeating;
My heart will be blank when it is no longer beating.
I will never be perfect, but will always be free.
I am wholly, and will forever only be, Me.

No comments: