Friday 13 June 2008

Boy Hall of Fame

I'm less and less impressed by the boys I meet. No one stands out against the members of my Boy Hall of Fame, which goes like this (for now, it could change in twenty minutes - it actually just changed four times as I was typing it):

1. Bobby Hill
2. The C-Word
3. Lloyd Dobbler/Dreamboat (Tie)
5. Chicken Legs

You could actually hear the clicking sound of the bar being raised when I hung out with these kids. Some have similar characteristics - sincerity in sweetness, long legs and brains, an air of mystery, three of the five wear glasses, and all but the Dreamboat are rugby players. I dunno. Maybe if I analyzed it more deeply I could identify a pattern. Whatever.

I haven't really dated much but realize that the whole process of elimination we go through to find a mate is basically just trial and error. So it isn't a complete waste of time. These jewels of experience produce memories that I hold close in the back of my mind. And I can honestly say that if I don't find one that outshines all of them, I'm satiated.

3 comments:

Ugh said...

Yeah, those five boys were great, whatever. I used to be (even more) shallow (than I am now) and have all these stupid pre-requisites, like a boy needing to have a healthcare science degree (such as an MD or a PhD in pharmacy), or I'd hold my hand way up and say "There is a height requirement - must be THIS tall to ride this ride!".

But now I realize I only have three biggies:
1) Must play rugby (WELL).
2) Must have the same brand of immature sense of humor that I do (poop jokes, Star Wars references, etc.)
3) Must love the Gators (because if he at least loves UF it's clear he has a good soul and there's a chance he can love Jesus if he doesn't already!).

The rest is just details.

Ugh said...

Some kid at practice asked me what kind of guys I like, and my first thought was, "athletes". And I thought a minute, and yeah. "Jocks who read". Me likey.

Ugh said...

The list has been revised yet again. It'll never be the same.