Friday 13 June 2008

I Guess It's What You'd Call Maturity...

It's ironic - as I'm getting older and my biological clock is ticking, I feel less urgency to get with someone than I was back in my prime!

One thing I've noticed lately about my prowess with the fellas is that I don't require immediate gratification anymore. Man, back in the day, I'd be burning up to get next to somebody and it was considered a failed play if I didn't get to right then and there. These days I'd rather wait it out to see if the dude is worthy of spending time even talking to.

Maybe that's arrogant. Yeah, it probably is. But the most precious thing we have in this life is TIME, and the last thing I want to do is waste it. So I guess on one hand you could say "I may never see this kid again! Carpe diem!" and on the other, when you aren't sure if he's boyfriend material but has potential, you just kinda get set on offense, make plays on defense, and let the game come to you. I prefer the latter these days and am just less aggressive in general than I used to be.

So I reckon it's safe to say I'm getting further down the road on the way to Grown-Up Town, which is probably a good thing.

No comments: