Monday 11 June 2007

But I'm Not Dead Yet

I still haven't been to Fenway Park
I've never punched my daddy
Or head-butted my mom.
Ain't ever been to New York City.
New York City?!?
New York City.
But I'm not dead yet.
I never have made love,
Or looked into a man's eyes.
I've never driven cross-country,
But I have had one birthday surprise.
Anyway, I haven't played Austin City Limits
Or shook Bob Dylan's hand .
They say I've got lead singer syndrome
and I don't even have a band.
I've never met a Greek diplomat,
But I made out with his son.
Ain't been to Vegas and placed a bet,
Don't ever really wanna go neither,
But I'm not dead yet.
I've never been denied by a Florida football player.
I've never enclosed myself in a Tupperware container.
Ain't sat in the boxes at an Atlanta Braves game.
Lost my luggage en route to Honduras but I didn't complain.
Haven't ever lost a battle without getting upset
But I'm not dead yet.
Still haven't harmonized with Alison Krauss
Or co-wrote one with John Mayer,
But I have crossed stuff off the list lately
That I once thought didn't have a prayer.
I think it's going about as well as it can get
But I'm still not dead yet.

No comments: